Hepatitis C Testing Camp
- We conducted a two days Hepatitis C testing Camp in CHAK 86-9l, Sahiwal, Pakistan.
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a major public health concern globally, resulting in liver-related complications.
- The prevalence of HCV has almost reached an epidemic level in Pakistan.
- Approximately 6% population of Pakistan is infected with HCV.
- This high frequency leads to very high morbidity and mortality. This calls for massive awareness campaigns.
- We have lost many young people and a large number of individuals are living with the disease in the village.
- We screened about 425 patients, 70 of them turned positive. Their blood was sent to PCR, they were referred to the district headquarters hospital at Sahiwal for treatment.